CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Learn more about Weight Watchers by going to http://weightwatchers.com Learn more about the C25K by going to http://c25k.com/

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Appreciation

Sometimes one doesn't appreciate the simple things of the day to day until that thing.... or in my case... person is gone.

Rooster went on his yearly trip to Las Vegas with the guys. This year was a first with 2 kids to take care of alone. I know you are playing the worlds smallest violin for me right? You are probably yelling at me to woMAN up huh.

In the 2 and a half days he was gone I realized how much I appreciated my mom in all she did when we were growing up. She raised not 1, not 2, but 3 children as a single mom. She worked full time to keep a roof over our heads, clothes on our back and food in our bellies. She took us shopping for the essentials, and shuttled us to and from our extra curricular activities.She was on top of our school careers as well. No matter how tough we may have had my mom made sure us kids didn't know. I know my time alone was insignificant compared to all the single moms out there, but this time made me see how blessed I truly am to have the companionship and help I do have.

To all the parents out there and especially my mom (I better include those single dads as well) that are doing this alone: You are all my heroes!

No comments: