CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Learn more about Weight Watchers by going to http://weightwatchers.com Learn more about the C25K by going to http://c25k.com/

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Small Talk Six: Most Useful Websites

Want to join in Small Talk Six? Go here to find out more!

Today's topic is "6 Most Useful Websites". Some of the sites I am about to list are useful to me, but I doubt useful to many others.

1. Google: I am always searching for something on google whether it be for info, pictures, or even just one little word I can't remember.

2. Facebook: This site keeps me up to date with the goings ons of the world. Yep my family has taken Facebook to our main way to communicate.

3. Goodreads: Goodreads has become almost as important as Facebook. This site is great for keeping track of books you are reading, have read, or want to read. I am always finding more books I want to read, so I just list them all on this great site made for the bookworms out there.

4. Cafemom: I signed up with Cafemom, because a friend sent me an email to try it out. I didn't go back for a couple years until I found out I was pregnant with Chick 3. I hadn't been pregnant for 7 years and thought this site could help me with what I had forgotten. I wound up finding a group with others pregnant and due around the same time. Who knew I would meet the most wonderful women, who have become lifelong friends!

5. IMDB: This site has become my new best friend. Remember the old days before internet when you would be watching a movie and couldn't place one of the actors/actresses? Well IMDB has alleviated that frustration. My guilty pleasure though is to read the trivia and quotes... You can never have too much useless information in your brain.

6. Blogger: I never thought I would ever start a blog. I am so glad I did. I have met some wonderful blog writers and found so many great and useful networking sites. Who knew how much power us mom bloggers had!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I google everything. My students laugh at me now because they know I will run to my computer to verify my answers to their questions.

NIce to meet you.

Cakeblast said...

They certainly are all useful - Google has everything; of course so does Yahoo. I use Facebook, but just discovered a 5,000 friend limit that could someday be the Social Networking giant's downfall - Friendster used to be a lot like FB but their limits caused people to leave. Image email contacts or twitter with such limits - fine for most people, but...

I LOVE IMDB! I've been going there since before Amazon bought them and love knowing about movies years before they are released (although it gets frustrating sometimes to wait).

I am following you from Friendly Friday Follow - I know it's Saturday, but yesterday was very busy. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you at http://cakeblast.com:)

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

I love Goodreads too. It has helped me from buying books that I won't finish. Youc an pretty much get a feel for them through all the comments!