CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Learn more about Weight Watchers by going to http://weightwatchers.com Learn more about the C25K by going to http://c25k.com/

Monday, April 19, 2010

Cheat Sheet Mondays

Today's Cheat Sheet Monday is titled "Add some Pizazz to Oatmeal."

I know what your thinking when you hear oatmeal *yuck*. I was the same way. I thought it tasted like cardboard cereals that you know are healthy, but taste gross. And don't get me started on the flavored packs of oatmeal... that just made it worse!

Now plain oatmeal still is *yuck* to me. I need some pizazz, some flavor.

Why am I focusing on oatmeal?

To me I get a lot more food compared to cereals, or even an egg and whole grain toast. Plus it makes me full. I love feeling full after eating and know that I didn't just gorge myself on unhealthy foods. Feeling full without the guilt is just that much better!


Ways to "pizazz that oatmeal" (I use a canister of rolled oats: 1 cup of boiling water for 1/2 cup of oats = 1 cup of oatmeal)

Add 2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tbsp of thinly sliced almonds

A few shakes of cinnamon
a handful of raisins

My favorite:

2 tsp of reduced fat peanut butter
1/2 of a banana sliced

Some like to add a little bit of milk to make it creamier.
Some add other fruits like any kind of berries, or even apples.

For those WW die-hards like me at most these bowls of oatmeal equal 3.5 points.

No comments: