CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Learn more about Weight Watchers by going to http://weightwatchers.com Learn more about the C25K by going to http://c25k.com/

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A part of life?

When it comes to news I sometimes live under a rock.

I don't watch the news (too depressing).

I don't read the newspaper (would rather be reading a book).

What I do see is from my Yahoo! home page when I click on my web browser, or from when I am at the grocery store and gaze at People Magazine.

People Magazine is exactly where I learned about Phoebe Prince who committed suicide, because she was being bullied.

When we think of people getting picked on in school, we think that it is a part of life.

Why should being bullied be a part of life?

When I was in junior high school I was bullied, and it was more of taunting because I was a little overweight, and didn't look the part of the "popular crowd". I would get things thrown at me, and when they walked by me in class I would get slaps on the back of my head.

Did my teachers know? Probably, but what teacher gets voluntarily involved. Plus this was circa '92, '93, '94.

I am glad I am not a bullied child these days. Now we have social networks, instant messaging, emails, and text messaging. I was just bullied at school. These days it never ends at school, it follows you home.

When I hear stories about Phoebe Prince and others who commit suicide because they are bullied my heart breaks yet again.

No child deserves to live like this. They should be able to go to school and go through their day, without worrying if they wore the right thing, or said the right thing. Bullying IS NOT a part of life. I am one of the lucky ones who got through it.

If you are a parent please make it a point to be more aware of your child and their moods. That can be a big indicator!

No comments: