CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Learn more about Weight Watchers by going to http://weightwatchers.com Learn more about the C25K by going to http://c25k.com/

Monday, April 26, 2010

Cheat Sheet Mondays!

Today's Cheat Sheet Monday's will be 3 different, yet quick ideas for lunch. For lunch I try to include one veggie and one fruit. That way I can get my 5 servings of fruit and vegetables a day.

  • Fat Free Hot Dog: (I prefer Ball Park, because they do taste pretty good). They are about 50 calories each and in WW land a fat free hot dog is 1 point. Pair it with a low calorie bread or bun and a bit of condiment, and you are all set!

  • Sandwhich: For bread I use either a low calorie whole grain bread, or sandwich thin (they are extremly yummy... Here is what they look like --> Click). For lunch meat I use a lean meat. I prefer turkey, because they are low in fat and in WW land 0 points for one slice. I top this with Kraft 2% skim milk American cheese, tomato, lettuce, and a bit of avocado. I don't use mayo, because honestly not a big mayo fan. You can always use some hummus (new thing I have tried), or even some fat free Thousand Island. If you love mayo, just use some fat free mayo, or use the minimum that will give a bit of the taste.

  • Veggie wrap/burrito: I have always been one on the search for a low calorie tortilla that was a nice size and tastes yummy. Smart and Delicious makes just that. A nice big tortilla for 100 calories. I am on a black bean kick, so I will heat up a 1/3 cup of black beans. Don't like black beans? Try some fat free refried beans. Once I heat up my tortilla and black beans the "hard work" is over. What I love to fill my wrap/burrito up with is about a pinch of shredded, low fat cheddar cheese (can use whatever kind you prefer, but I would stick with low fat), 1-2 tbsp of salsa (make sure fat free... I have heard there is non fat free out there), lettuce (which I pile as much as my tortilla will let me), and some avocado (just a bit, because even though it is a healthy fat, must be used in moderation). This wrap/burrito is high in fiber and filling foods, and paired with a fruit is a nice filling lunch!

Remember to add some fruit, like an apple, orange (I love the cutie oranges, because they are easy to peel), strawberries, berries, etc.

If I don't have a veggie that goes with the main attraction of my lunch I will add some baby carrots, a small side salad with fat free dressing, or some jicama. You can always add whatever veggie you prefer.

No comments: