CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Learn more about Weight Watchers by going to http://weightwatchers.com Learn more about the C25K by going to http://c25k.com/

Monday, June 28, 2010

Cheat Sheet Mondays: Surviving the Parties!

Mondays I will post my cheats or healthy alternatives to those foods I can't live without. I will also add those foods I found that are great tasting but low in calories and fat. Some Monday's I may add healthy recipes.

This Sunday is the 4th of July, which means parties, parties, parties.

For those who are living the healthy life, these parties can be daunting. Seeing the tables and tables of yummy food always makes my mouth water with possibilities. At least that was the old me.

The new me looks at these tables as an obstacle course. To run past, to take a little dip, or to pile high.

*This information is what I have learned with Weight Watchers. Click the link above to learn more about the program.*

Foods I run past: Anything fried, desserts (ok not all desserts... I let myself have 1), or anything I know runs high in calories and fat (heavy in sauce or high fat ingredients).

Foods I let myself take a little dip in: Pasta salads (they are my favorite), dips and chips, meats.

* Little dips mean little servings*

Foods I pile high: Veggies and fruit galore. These are the foods that are going to fill you up. Fruits do have points with Weight Watchers, but fruit is healthy so I don't care if I spend them on fruit. Fruit is a healthy option.

*Word of advice: eat your fruits and veggies first. You will be surprised how full you will feel.*

This is my survival guide that I try to use at parties. Sometime my self control hitches a ride elsewhere when I see food. Sometimes I just take small servings of everything so I can have all the different tastes.

My utlra-tip? Bring something you made that you know you can eat. That way you know there is something "safe" to eat.

1 comment:

Liz said...

That's so great that you have a strategy for parties! I know I could eat fruits and veggies all day, too!