CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Learn more about Weight Watchers by going to http://weightwatchers.com Learn more about the C25K by going to http://c25k.com/

Monday, June 21, 2010

Cheat Sheet Mondays

Mondays I will post my cheats or healthy alternatives to those foods I can't live without. I will also add those foods I found that are great tasting but low in calories and fat. Some Monday's I may add healthy recipes.


I am usually a SAHM, but do substitute teach when requested. A couple months ago I signed up to work for 6 days. It was my first time working while on Weight Watchers.

I wanted to make sure I had enough fuel to get me through my day. If my breakfast is a good and healthy one, the rest of the day will follow suit. I researched all kinds of make ahead recipes so I could just heat up something when I got to work. (I am not an early eater)

I found this breakfast casserole through my Spark Recipe Application on my phone. It was quick and easy to make and so yummy to eat. I paired this with a banana.

Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:

1 LB of frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
4 oz. of turkey sausage, cook and crumbled
1 C sliced mushrooms
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese (I used reduced fat)
1 C Egg Beaters Egg Substitute
1/8 tsp Salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
1/8 C of red pepper, finely chopped
2 Tbsp onions, finely chopped

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread potatoes around the bottom and press up the sides. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, mix egg substitute, salt, and pepper together.

3. Remove potatoes from oven and press potatoes down firmly with a spoon so they are spread out and cover the bottom and sides of the dish. Sprinkle the sausage, red pepper, cheese, mushroom, and onion in the bottom of the dish. Pour the egg mixture over it.

4. Return the dish to the oven and cook until potatoes are crisp and golden and the egg mixture is set, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit about 5 minutes before serving.

Number of servings: 6

Nutritional facts:

Calories: 154
Total fat: 6g (less when using reduced fat cheese)
Dietary Fiber: 1


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a great thing to make for playgroup moms.

Letherton said...

I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com