CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Learn more about Weight Watchers by going to http://weightwatchers.com Learn more about the C25K by going to http://c25k.com/

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Get Up and Go is Gone!

At last weeks Weight Watcher's meeting the leader said how as we get older we suck the fun out of exercising.

When I was a kid I couldn't wait to get out and ride a bike.

Running around and playing chase was the first thing I thought about when I woke up.

I look at my daughter and the highlight of her day is when her teacher takes them out for P.E.

At what age do we as adults take the fun out of exercise?

Is it the word "exercise" that does it in?

There are so many ways to get moving, but why is it so hard to just get up and do them?

Even though I have been running I still have a hard time getting excited over it. It feels more like a chore right up there with laundry and cleaning.

I think it is time to start thinking like a kid in order to make the thought of getting out and exercising more fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more. The older I get the more difficult it is to get motivated to do any activity that might even remotely be described as exercise.

I think when you're young, actual "exercise" comes by accident, a by product of fun activities. And, as I get older it needs to be scheduled and because it needs to be planned, somehow the "fun" part is lost!